The Disabled Persons Housing Service as part of their SDS Options Project have launched a brand new independent SDS support project available to all individuals and families in Fife who have chosen to use option 1 (Direct Payment) to arrange their care and support. This independent service will run regular drop-in clinics, training sessions and peer support groups. One to one information visits by the Independent Living Officer can be arranged with individuals by request. Information, advice and support will be provided around the following SDS related themes:
- Exploring which of the 4 options would suit you best
- Identifying your desired outcomes
- Managing your direct payment if you choose option 1
- Advice and support in recruiting your own personal assistant
- Advice and support in identifying a care provider organisation
- Employment law
- Becoming an employer
- Using a payroll provider to manage your Direct Payment
- Training related advice and information
People with experience of using Direct Payments to arrange their care and support will also be on hand in the form of peer mentors to have a chat with you about what worked well for them.
WHERE TO FIND DPHS
SDS Options (Fife)
Disabled Persons Housing Service (Fife)
West Shop Law’s Close
339 High Street
Situated at the end of the High Street in Kirkcaldy where it joins with the Esplanade. Parking is available in the pay and display car park.
Telephone: 01592 803280
This newsletter will provide you with the most up to date information about the staff team, drop-in sessions, training courses, workshops and events.